Dr. Calipha Rachel
Fields of Research
College of Tel-Aviv Yaffo. She also serves as the Head of Capital Market Specialty in the BA program of Economics and Management, as well as the Head of Strategy Specialty in the MBA program. Dr. Calipha teaches the courses in Mergers and Acquisitions, Portfolio Management, Firm Valuation, and Financial Crises. Additionally, she teaches in the Faculty of Management at Ben-Gurion University. Prior to this position, she taught as a visiting professor at Yeshiva University, New York, where she received a Professor of the Year award. Dr. Calipha received her Ph.D. in management from the School of Business, Ben-Gurion University. Rachel's main research field is Mergers and Acquisitions (M&As), specifically from the Financial and Strategic perspectives. Recently, Dr. Calipha received an Edmond de Rothchild Foundation grant for her research in Mergers in Non-Profit Organizations. In addition to M&As, Dr. Calipha explored other fields in Finance, such as prediction markets, and she received an Edmond de Rothchild Foundation grant for developing an online course in Social Bonds. Dr. Calipha is a committee member in a biannual international conference of Behavioral Finance, and the organizer of a case study competition in the Academic College of Tel-Aviv Yaffo.
1. Calipha, A.R., Tarba, S.Y., & Brock, D.M., “Mergers and acquisitions: a review of phases,
motives, and success factors, 2010, ” Advances in Mergers and Acquisitions, 9, 1–25.
2. Calipha, A.R., Brock, D.M., Rosenfeld, A., & Dvir, D. “Acquired, transferred and integrated
knowledge: A study of M&A knowledge performance”, 2018, Journal of Strategy and Management, 11,
3. Calipha, A.R., & Brock, D.M., “The Pre-M&A stage: Understanding the phases and success
factors”, 2019, Journal of Intercultural Management and Ethics, 4, 13-34.
4. Calipha, A. R., & Gidron, B., "The Israeli Nonprofit Sector: A literature Review",
Voluntaristics Review, 2020, forthcoming issue 5.3.
5. Calipha, A. R., and I. Venezia, Prediction Markets: do they predict the polls or the elections
result? in Venezia, I. (Ed.) Behavioral Finance: A Novel Approach, forthcoming, 2020. World
Scientific Publishers, London.
1. Calipha, A. R., & Holzmann, V., May 2019, Case Study Analysis of Innovation Strategy in Ness
Technologies’ Outsourcing Services, The Academic College of Tel Aviv-Yaffo.
2. Engelberg M, Calipha, A. R., & Holzmann, V., April, 2020, Case Study Analysis of Social Bonds, The
Academic College of Tel Aviv-Yaffo and SFI.