Dr. Reuma Gadassi Polack
Fields of Research
Dr. Reuma Gadassi Polack is a faculty member at the School of Behavioral Sciences at the Academic College of Tel Aviv-Yaffo and an adjunct assistant professor at Yale University Psychiatry Department. She is also the director Emotion Socialization and Neuroscience Lab.
Dr. Gadassi Polack completed her M.A. in Educational and Clinical Child Psychology in the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, and her Ph.D. from Bar-Ilan University. After completing her training in clinical psychology she received funding from the Rothschild foundation, the Israeli Council for Higher Education, the National institute of Mental Health, and Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions and went on to do a postdoctoral training at Yale University. Her research focuses on studying how neurobiology and close relationships contribute to the development of emotion expression and regulation in typical and atypical development.
1. Gadassi-Polack, R., Joormann, J., Orbach, M., Silverman, W. K., & Lebowitz, E. R. (2021). Maternal depression and mother-child oxytocin synchrony in youth with anxiety disorders. Research on Child and Adolescent Psychopathology, 49, 381-392. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10802-020-00744-2
2. Gadassi-Polack, R., Chertkof, J., Kober, H., & Joormann, J. (2021). Maternal depression history moderates the association between criticism (but not praise) and depressive symptoms in youth. Research on Child and Adolescent Psychopathology. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10802-021-00803-2
3. Gadassi-Polack, R., Everaert, J., Uddenberg, C., Kober, H., & Joormann, J. (2021). Emotion regulation and self-criticism in children and adolescents: Contemporaneous, temporal, and between-individual networks of risk factors. Emotion. https://doi.org/10.1037/emo0001041
4. Gadassi-Polack, R., Sened, H., Aubé, S., Zhang, A., Joormann, J., Kober, H. (2021). Connections during Crisis: How COVID-19 impacted adolescents’ social dynamics and mental health. Developmental Psychology, 57, 1633-1647. https://doi.org/10.1037/dev0001211
5. Gadassi-Polack, R., Mollick, J. A., Keren, H., Joormann, J., & Watts, R. (2023). Neural responses to reward valence and magnitude from pre-to early adolescence. NeuroImage, 120166. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neuroimage.2023.120166
6. Gadassi-Polack†, R., Bronstein†, M. V., Questel, M., Edelman, A., Vinogradov, S., Kober, H., Joormann, J., Everaert, J. (2023). Interpretation flexibility as a resilience factor for emotional reactions to social situations in children and adolescence. Development and Psychopathology. (†Co-first authors) https://doi.org/10.1017/S0954579423000834
7. Beech, A., Edelman, A., Rutherford, H., Joormann, J., & Gadassi-Polack, R. (2023) Stress-Induced Cortisol Response in Pregnant and Nulliparous Women Longitudinally Predicts Depressive Symptoms during population level stress. Journal of Affective Disorders. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jad.2023.07.093