Prof. Amiel Aliza
Fields of Research
School of Nursing Science
Invasive and noninvasive prenatal tests
Psychological feelings after the test results or pregnancy termination in multicultural ethnics groups and religions
Prenatal tests behavior in different socioeconomic groups
My B.SC nd M.SC degrees were done at the Genetic department in the Faculty of Life Science, Hebrew University
My Ph.D was done in the human Genetic Department at the Sackler school of medicine, Tel Aviv University. Title of Doctoral Dissertation: Behavior of the mitotic apparatus in individuals at high-risk for meiotic nondisjunction. Name Of Supervisor(S): Prof. L. Avivi
I worked 27 years the head of the Genetic Lab at Meir Hospital Kfar Saba and teached at the Bar Ilan University in the Faculty of Life Science. Since 2018 Teaching and research at the nursing research school at the Academic College of Tel Aviv-Jaffa.
My Research in the Academic College Tel-Aviv-Jaffa, Focuses at the Prenatal tests and Pregnancy Terminations In the Moslem and Christian Society compared to the Jewish society and what can be done by the health personals in order to increase the amount pf the tests and pregnancy terminations in those societies.
1. Koslow M, Shitrit D, Israeli-Shani L, Uziel O, Beery E, Osadchy A, Refaely Y, Shochet GE, Amiel A. ThoraPeripheral blood telomere alterations in ground glass opacity (GGO) lesions may suggest malignancy. c Cancer. 2019 Mar 12. doi: 10.1111/1759-7714.13026
2. Biron-Shental T, Sadeh-Mestechkin D, Amiel A.Telomere homeostasis in IUGR placentas - A review. Placenta. 2016 Mar;39:21-3
3. Laish I, Katz H, Stein A, Liberman M, Naftali T, Kitay-Cohen Y, Biron-Shental T, Konikoff FM, Amiel A. Telomere dysfunction in peripheral blood lymphocytes from patients with primary sclerosing cholangitis and inflammatory bowel disease. Dig Liver Dis. 2015 Sep;47(9):790-6
4. Biron-Shental T, Liberman M, Sharvit M, Sukenik-Halevy R, Amiel A. Amniocytes from aneuploidy embryos have enhanced random aneuploidy and signs of senescence - can these findings be related to medical problems? Gene. 2015 May 15;562(2):232-5. doi: 10.1016/j.gene.2015.02.075. Epub 2015 Feb 28. IF.2.319, CIT-7
5. Biron-Shental T, Sukenik-Halevy R, Naboani H, Liberman M, Kats R, Amiel A. Telomeres are shorter in placentas from pregnancies with uncontrolled diabetes. Placenta. 2015 Feb;36(2):199-203. doi: 10.1016/j.placenta.2014.11.011. Epub 2014 Nov 25. IF 2.759, CIT-13
6. Biron-Shental T, Fejgin MD, Sifakis S, Liberman M, Antsaklis A, Amiel A. Endoreduplication in cervical trophoblast cells from normal pregnancies. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2012 Dec;25(12):2625-8. doi: 10.3109/14767058.2012.717999. Epub 2012 Sep 7. IF-2.47, CIT-5
7. Biron-Shental T, Kitay-Cohen Y, Tene T, Sharony R, Amiel A. Increased TERC gene copy number in amniocytes from fetuses with trisomy 18 or a sex chromosome aneuploidy. Gene. 2012 Sep 10;506(1):46-9. doi: 10.1016/j.gene.2012.06.072. Epub 2012 Jul 5. IF 2.169, CIT-2
8. Biron-Shental T, Sukenik-Halevy R, Sharon Y, Goldberg-Bittman L, Kidron D, Fejgin MD, Amiel A. Short telomeres may play a role in placental dysfunction in preeclampsia and intrauterine growth restriction. Am J Obstet Gynecol.2010.IF: 6.21
9. Amiel A, Fejgin MD, Goldberg-Bittman L, Sharoni R, Hadary R, Kitay-Cohen Y. Telomere aggregates in Hepatitis C patients. Cancer Invest. 27:650-654 , 2009. IF 2.218, CIT-13
10. Amiel A, Goldzak G, Gaber E, Fejgin M. Molecular cytogenetic parameters in down syndrome newborns. J Hum Genet 51:541-547, 2006.IF 2.487, CIT-54
11. Fishman A, Shalom-Paz E, Fejgin MD, Gaber E, Altaras M, Amiel A. Comparing the genetic changes detected in the primary and secondary tumor sites of ovarian cancer using comparative genomic hybridization (CGH). Int J Gynecol Cancer 15:261-266, 2005. IF 2.369, CIT-35
12. Reish O, Gal R, Gaber, E, Sher C, Bistritzer, T, Amiel A. Asynchronous replication of bi-allelically expressed loci: A novel genetic alteration associated with Turner Syndrome. Genet Med 4:439-443, 2002. IF 8.229, CIT-60
13. Kitay-Cohen Y, Amiel A, Buskila D, Fejgin M, Gaber E, Safadi R, Tur-Kaspa R, Lishner M.
BCL-2 rearrangement in patients with chronic hepatitis C associated with essential mixed cryoglobulinemia type II. Blood 96:2910- 2912 ,2000.IF: 16.65
14. Amiel A, Azuri P, Ezra D, et al. Prenatal tests and pregnancy termination amongst moslem women in Israel. Asian J Med Health Res 2021;6.
15. Amiel A, Tarabieh M. Prenatal tests undergone by Moslem women who live with an abnormal child compared to women who live with a normal child. Glob J Reprod Med 2021;8:5556746. doi:10.19080/GJORM.2021.08.556746.