Board of Trustees
Chairperson / Mr. Arik Steinberg
Mr. Arik Steinberg is the Chairman of the executive committee of the Academic College of Tel Aviv-Jaffa.
A leading investor, he promotes Israeli High-Tech Companies and has been leading and managing various private and public finance initiatives over the years.
He served as Member of the Board of Directors of Leumi Partners Ltd., as Chief Executive Officer of Ilanot Batucha Investment House, as the Chairman of Psagot Investment House Ltd., as well as other companies in the Psagot Group.
He served as Chairman of the Board at Leumi Securities and Investments Ltd. (Formerly known as Psagot Ofek Investment House Ltd.) and as chairman on behalf of York Capital, and as Director of Standard & Poor's Maalot Ltd. He served on the Advisory Boards of Mobileye Technologies and Novatrans Group SA, and has also served in various positions at the Tel-Aviv Stock Exchange Ltd.
The Board of Trustees is comprised of a diverse, distinguished and accomplished group of leaders and influencers from the worlds of academia, business, government and society.The Board of Trustees' duties and functions support the improvement and expansion of the academic activities of the college.
The Board of Trustees is the supreme authority of the college and under its jurisdiction, according to the general bylaws, the following fiduciary responsibilities fall:
• The election of the Board of Trustees chairperson, the Executive Committee and its chairperson, the election of the president of the college and his/her deputies, the election of a comptroller, an Audit Committee, and the authorization of their jurisdictions.
• Supervision over the management of the college's assets.
• Approval of the plans and annual operating and development budgets.
• Establishment of operating bylaws for the academic council to form permanent and ad hoc committees, and in determining their powers and responsibilities.
• Appointing an accountant and determining his/her wage, approving the financial statements of the association, amending the association’s bylaws, determining the use of the association’s assets and estate during dissolution procedures.
• Selecting the Chairperson of the Board of Trustees
• The Chairperson of the Board of Trustees will be selected from among the members of the Board of Trustees for a period of three years. At its conclusion, he/she can be reelected for up to two terms of office of three years each, for a total of nine years.
• The Chairperson of the Board of Trustees will be empowered, if the need arises, to appoint deputies, with the approval of the Board of Trustees.