Dr. Ella Rabinovich
Fields of Research
I completed my Postdoctoral Fellowship at the department of Computer Science at University of Toronto, supervised by Prof. Suzanne Stevenson.
My research focuses on computational approaches to the study of various aspects of bilingualism. I explore the unique properties of translated texts and productions of advanced non-native speakers, covering a wide range of syntactic and lexical phenomena and applying state-of-the-art (supervised and unsupervised) machine learning and natural language processing techniques. Additional topics I am interested in include computational social science, informational retrieval, argumentation mining.
I completed my Ph.D. at the Department of Computer Science, University of Haifa (Israel) under the supervision of Prof. Shuly Wintner.
1. Rabinovich E, & Carmeli B, (2022). Exploration of the Usage of Color Terms by Color-blind Participants in Online Discussion Platforms. In proceedings of Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing (EMNLP).
2. Francis D, Rabinovich E, Samir F, Mortensen D, Stevenson S, (2021ׁׁׁ). Quantifying Cognitive Factors in Lexical Decline. In Transactions of the Association for Computational Linguistics (TACL).
3. Rabinovich E, Gonen H, Stevenson S, (2020). Pick a Fight or Bite your Tongue: Investigation of Gender Differences in Figurative Language Usage. In proceedings of International Conference on Computational Linguistics (COLING).
4. Rabinovich E, Xu Y, Stevenson S, (2020). The Typology of Polysemy: A Multilingual Distributional Framework. In proceedings of Conference on Cognitnive Science (CogSci).
5. Rabinovich E, Watson J, Beekhuizen B, Stevenson S, (2019). Say Anything: Automatic Semantic Infelicity Detection in L2 English Indefinite Pronouns. In proceedings of ACL's Special Interest Group on Natural Language Learning (CoNLL).
For full list of Publications: