25 figures you did not know about the Academic College of Tel Aviv-Yaffo (MTA)—from inception until today:
1. On March 3rd 2019, MTA marked its silver anniversary.
2. MTA initially operated from 4 different locations in Tel Aviv-Yaffo: Antokolsky Street, Dafna Street, Sold Street and Melchett Street.
3. We are celebrating a decade since we moved into our permanent campus in Jaffa
4. The first building erected on the Jaffa campus was named after Alfredo Bernstein, Benjamin Rosental, Fomento - Mexico
5. Our academic program was launched with only 4 undergraduate programs: Computer Science, Behavioral Sciences, Economics and Management, and Government and Society.
6. We currently operate 18 undergraduate and graduate programs, including thesis master’s degrees.
7. In 1997, 257 students attended our first graduation ceremony.
8. Today, MTA boasts a total of 15,234 graduates.
9. We have, so far, held 22 degree ceremonies for graduates of the college.
10. Our libraries contain approximately
30,000 book titles. There are over
150,000 items at the students’ disposal.
11. MTA is currently home to 494 administrative and academic faculty members; 286 women and 208 men.
12. 9 of our administrative and faculty members have been with us since the colleges’ establishment.
13. MTA has as for today 3 buildings facilitating in total 74 spaces, including 3 auditorium halls, 11 computer labs and 60 classrooms.
14. The first building, Covering 5,212 square meters, the Alfredo Bernstein, Bejamin Rosental, Fomento-Mexico Behavioral Sciences Building, is intended for undergraduate and graduate psychology studies and houses the SEED Center.
The Developmental Laboratory at SEED Center
15. The Building for Economics and Management, which houses the program for Economics and Management and the Nursing Science School, encloses 6,729 square meters. The five- story building facilitates an auditorium, lecture halls, classrooms, patios, lounge areas and offices.
16. The Judy and Josh Weston Computer Science Building encloses 8,558 square meters and houses the School of Computer Science, the School of Government and Society, a library, computer labs, and a 300 sits auditorium named after Ana and Benjamin Rosental.
The Judy and Josh Weston Computer Science Building
17. Totaling 17,500 square meters, the student dormitories, which will be inaugurated this October, will house 438 beds in 400 housing units, offering single-occupancy, couple and shared residences.
18. In 2010, the Ministry of Environmental Protection recognized the MTA campus as a green campus, an accreditation that reflects our efforts to realize the green dream through the joint work of the entire staff of the College.
19. We have about 23,000 Facebook friends, and much more in the surrounding community, in Israel and beyond.
20. Today, 3,768 students are enrolled at MTA.
21. MTA runs 36 social programs and collaborations with varied organizations.
22. Our social leaders - the volunteering students - are affecting thousands of people each and every year.
MTA Social Activities
23. All the time devoted by our students to involvement in the community adds up to 32,000 hours a year.
24. MTA is about to establish the Health Sciences Building which will conduct 7 programs in BSN, MSN and MA degrees all related to the health sciences.
25. In 2004 The Msc program in Computer Science was initiated, and has made MTA the
first public college in Israel to receive the Council of Higher Education approval to establish a graduate degree.